Within Our Own Forgotten World
A downloadable game
This game was created using GameMaker Studio 2 over a few weeks in June of 2021 for the Portland Indie Game Squad (PIGSquad) June Summer Slow Jam. The technical theme was "exploration" and the creative theme was "forgotten places"; my personal inspiration for this game was the concept of "map erasure" and to offer a memory challenge.
Note: this is a purely two player local game, so grab a nearby friend and enjoy playing against each other!
All necessary information to play is contained within the game; however, something not explicitly mentioned is my encouragement to "house rule" the experience if you find it too random or luck-based. A good starting point might be to allow both players to take shorthand, coded notes on a shared piece of paper; or perhaps grab some extra friends and play as a team game.
- Mouse (left-click) for most play elements
- F1 while on the main game screen for quick reminder info
- F5 to restart
- ESC to quit
- Created solo by: Pete Vellucci Jr
- Additional third-party asset acknowledgements can be found within the game
- This game was programmed at a default 1920x1080 resolution and coded around the 16:9 aspect ratio. Playing on a display with a different ratio may produce undesired visual issues.
|Tags||Local multiplayer, memory, Turn-based|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.